Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Monday, January 19, 2015

Sorting, Gathering, & Storing

 It only took 7 months but I finally got the chance to fill up my little three drawer cabinet. I found this last summer when out on my birthday hitting a few yard sale with my son.

 Three nicely sized drawers perfect for storing a collection of vintage greeting cards. And look! Little spots to put labels, affording even more efficient storage and classification of one's finds.

 Once I started to go through the cards I was amazed to find that some themes were more popular than others. It was time to cut out little dividers for each theme.
I was surprised to find that sailing ships were a recurring image on Christmas cards and also how many "belated birthday" cards there were in my stash. A divider for each different category within a category. How satisfyingly organised.

              Love it! And now it is all gathered into one place. Neat and tidy. Next, antique postcards, in the smaller wooden cabinet right next to this one.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a great piece for storing your collection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails