Where Bloggers Create Party 2013. Tour my current studio here.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Want A Snack? Make A Snack!

 As I have a good bushel of potatoes tucked away in the root cellar, we want to try our hand at making our own potato chips.  When my brother and I were in our teens, my folks would go out the odd evening and we would try to  make our own potato chips and fries. We didn't really have a clue as to how to get the result we wanted but it was fun using my mom's Veg-O-Matic food slicer.
  This time 'round I had my mandolin to cut the potatoes nice and thin and directions on-line to help guarantee some success.

 After slicing the potatoes, you tuck them into some cold water, bring it to a boil and then drain them off well.  Then you toss them with the oil of your choice, spread out on your cookie sheets and bake.

After about twenty minutes in the oven, you have yourself some very nice and warm and crisp potato chips.  "Regular" chips will never be the same!  Good fun for a cold evening.

1 comment:

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

These are good chips. Fun too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails